Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut thin (see picture)
- 4 celery stalks, cut thin
- ~2 lb chuck roast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat-ree chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- serve over white or brown rice
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot, and celery for 10 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Add to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients (except the rice).
- Set the cooker for 6 hours and stir occasionally.
- Serve over white or brown rice. We used short grain brown rice (pictured above)
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2012/03/slow-cooker-beef-stew/