Banana Bisquick Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup (Vegan)
Serves: Makes about a dozen medium-size pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick Original
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used coconut original)
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pancake syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- about 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Mix the Bisquick, sugar, baking powder and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and stir. Add mashed bananas and stir. Add more or less milk depending on desired pancake thickness. Let the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or coat with butter or oil.
- When hot, pour ¼ cup of batter on to the pan, depending on how big you want your pancakes. Cook both sides until a deep golden.
- For the syrup, mix syrup and peanut butter together until smooth. I like to thin mine out with 1 tbsp of milk to get the not-too-thick, not-too-thin consistency I love.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2013/11/banana-bisquick-pancakes-with-peanut-butter-syrup-vegan/