Homemade Buttercream Frosting
- 2.5 cups confectioner sugar, sifted
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- Cream sugar into softened butter with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer on low speed until well-incorporated
- Increase speed to medium and blend about 3 minutes until the consistency becomes creamy and spreadable.
- Add vanilla and milk/cream and beat an additional minute. Add more milk if you need to thin out the consistency.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2013/06/homemade-buttercream-frosting/