BBQ Pineapple Tofu
- 8oz extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce (I suggest brown sugar or honey)
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 2 servings of white rice (I suggest boil-in-a-bag rice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- (Ahead of time) Drain and dice tofu into ½ cubes. In a medium bowl toss tofu with ¼ cup BBQ sauce and half of juice from pineapple can. Put in fridge and marinate 15-30 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding remaining pineapple juice to the water
- In medium skillet heat olive oil. Add garlic and tofu, along with any extra liquid in the bottom of the bowl. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until most of excess liquid is gone.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup water and mix with remaining ½ cup of BBQ sauce. Add to skillet and cook additional 1-2 minutes. Serve over rice.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2010/10/bbq-pineapple-tofu/