Easy Pumpkin Custard
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12oz can) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon (heaping)
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, spices and salt, breaking up any clumps.
- In batches, add dry mixture to pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Pour into four ¾-cup custard cups. Place the cups in a 9 X 11-inch baking pan. Add enough warm water to come halfway up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until set and browned lightly.
- Transfer the custards to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2010/10/easy-pumpkin-custard/