Vegan Chickpea Avocado Sandwich Spread
- ½ cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained/rinsed
- ¼ avocado
- less than ¼ cup of frozen corn
- little bit of diced red onion
- lime wedge
- salt to taste
- lettuce, kale or spinach (optional)
- and of course, your favorite bread!
- Mash the chickpeas against the side of a bowl with a fork.
- Once you have a nice paste, with some full beans still left behind, mash in the remaining ingredients.
- If your spread needs a little something extra, try a little more salt! Spread on your favorite bread and top with lettuce, kale or spinach.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2013/01/vegan-chickpea-avocado-sandwich-spread/