Turkey Taco Casserole
- 2 dozen tortilla chips (multigrain)
- 1 tbsp Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco or chili seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup medium salsa, chunky
- ½ cup corn (frozen or canned, drain if canned)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat or reduced fat cheddar cheese
- avocado & red onion for guacamole (optional)
- Set oven to 350.
- Heat Mazola Corn Oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and sautee until slightly translucent. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning and brown.
- Once turkey is fully cooked, add beans, salsa and corn. Cook until mixture is heated through.
- Line the bottom of your baking pan with aluminum foil. Line bottom with tortilla chips. Top with skillet mixture. Finish off with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with guacamole or sliced avocado!
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2013/03/turkey-taco-casserole/