My Favorite Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
- 1 lb macaroni elbows or shells (I love shells because they hold the cheese)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 16 oz sharp cheddar, cubed
- a dash of salt (a little will do, the worcestershire and hot cause are plenty salty)
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- a few dashes hot pepper sauce
- Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add half and half. Heat on medium until sauce comes to a low boil and thickens slightly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add cheese cubes, salt, worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over macaroni.
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2011/09/my-favorite-macaroni-cheese-recipe/