Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes with Homemade Whipped Cream
Serves: makes 5 large crepes
- 1.5 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ heaping cup sugar
- 4 cups Strawberries, sliced (we used a 16oz container and a half)
- 1 or 2 Bananas, thinly sliced
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all crepe ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Grease a 12-inch non-stick skillet and heat on medium
- Temporarily remove skillet from heat while pouring in batter. Pour about ½ - ¾ cup of batter into skillet, rotating the skillet until the batter covers the bottom of the pan. Return to heat.
- When bottom is golden (see below), flip the crepe to cook on the other side. When both sides are golden, remove from pan.
- Place crepes between sheets of wax paper or parchment paper to keep moist.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until the cream thickens
- Slather a large spoonful of Nutella on the lower third of the crepe
- Layer on a handful of strawberries and bananas. Add a few dollops of whipped cream.
- Roll up the crepe and top with more whip and fruit. Lastly, heat up a little nutella in a small dish in the microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle on top!
Recipe by Modern Martha at http://modernmartha.com/2012/05/strawberry-banana-nutella-crepes-with-homemade-whipped-cream/