Instagram introduces new features so frequently, it’s hard to keep up! Around April of this year Instagram released a new feature allowing users to pin emojis, stickers and text in place during an Instagram Story video. For example, if you add the crown sticker in a moving video, you can pin it in place on someone’s head, so even if the camera moves, the sticker stays in place (ish). It’s a little wobbly, but it’s a pretty cool feature.
How to Pin Stickers, Emojis and Text
- Open your Instagram stories.
- Film a video.
- Add the text/sticker/emoji on the video.
- Once in place, press firmly on the object, and a pin screen will appear.
- There will be a bar at the bottom with where you can skim through the video the find the perfect spot for your emoji.
- Move your object to exactly the right spot of the frame.
- Click “Pin.”
Seven steps sounds like far too many, and it’s really not all that complicated. Watch my one minute video below for a quick look: