Make Up For Ever, one of my favorite brands, just released their new Artist Acrylip Lip Paint, inspired by acrylic paints and their bold intensity. They sent me all 10 shades to swatch for you guys.
The Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip is designed to cover lips with high-pigment, non-stick color with a soft shine and major comfort. The applicator is a soft, slanted cushion. When you squeeze the tube, product dispenses from the cushion.
These are designed to be applied anywhere from sheer coverage to full coverage, depending on the look you want. They’re also intended to be mixed and blended if you’re into shade mixing. I don’t know about you, but I do this with almost ALL of my lipsticks as it is.
Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip comes in 10 shades, but don’t forget you can blend the colors together to create your own custom shades. These are the shade names and my first impressions:
- 200 Candy Pink – Shade 200 is straight up bubblegum pink. It’s not my shade, but it’s the lightest, so you may want to pick it up for mixing purposes.
- 201 Fuchsia Pink – This is one of my favorite lip colors in general, I see myself wearing this shade often.
- 202 Coral Pink – I’m really liking this peachy-coral pink shade.
- 300 Orange – This is a true orange! Not for me, but there is someone out there who wants this.
- 301 Poppy Orange – I don’t love this shade for me.
- 400 Iconic Red – A classic red, always a must have.
- 401 Raspberry Red – I love this twist on a red lip! It doesn’t even require a lip liner.
- 500 Lilac – This one is a first impression stunner. I don’t normally go for full-on purple lips, but I have fallen in love with this color.
- 501 Eggplant – You absolutely need a lip liner for this shade. It’s a little sheer.
- 600 Dark Purple – Surprisingly the deepest shade has been amazing for mixing. Just the tiniest bit will do.
- For intense color and shine, first line and fill your lips with Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip, their waterproof lip liner. Then apply three to four drops of Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip to the center of your lips and use the cushion applicator tip to blend outward to the corners of the mouth. This is necessary for a couple of the deeper shades.
- For soft color and shine, line the outer lip line with the Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector, a clear lip liner. Then apply one drop of Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip to the center of the bottom lip and use the cushion applicator to blend the formula outward. I’ve tried this application and it does give soft color but severely cuts down on the shiny/glossy look.
I look forward to thoroughly testing these for you all! Let me know if there’s a shade you have your eye on in the comments below.