It’s cliche, but I’ll say it anyway: Fall is my favorite season. Roll your eyes all you want! Fall has me lovestruck. From pumpkin spice lattes (minus the latte) to fall makeup, it’s the best time of year.
I get lost in my neutral eyeshadow palettes for the majority of the year, but there’s something about the warm colors of this season that make me step outside of my comfort zone. I create this single color eye look to go bold but remain wearable.
The trick to making this blend seamless is actually using two shadows: one bold shade all over the lid (the main attraction) and a nude matte for blending. Select a shade that matches your skin tone. This is an easy way to wear a medium tone shade without it looking too intense.
Make Up For Ever sent me their new Artist Palette Vol. 4, and it’s a beauty. With nine mattes, it’s a wonderful fall color palette.
Berry Eyes Fall Makeup Tutorial
- Apply Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation all over the face. This is a full coverage, matte foundation. I wear shade 1.5 Fair Neutral.
- Contour with Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Palette using the contour and matte highlight.
- From Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Vol. 4, apply M842 (wine) to the outer half of the lid.
- Use a clean blending brush to blend the shadow toward the inner corner of the eye.
- Use M536 (milk tea) on a blending brush to blend out the edges of the purple eyeshadow.
- Smudge M842 along the lower lashline.
- Thinly line the upper lashline with L’Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir.
- Smudge M100 (black) over the liquid liner to create a smoky effect.
- Coat the upper lashes with Doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara.
- Coat the lower lashes with Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara.
- Line the waterline with Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in black.
- Outline the brows with Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Brow Pen. I wear 20 Dark Blonde.
- Fill the brows with Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Brow Palette. I wear Harmony 1 Taupe.
- Apply ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Magic Wand to the lips.