Usually I am a big New Year’s Resolutioner, but maybe I was preoccupied in December 2015 because I forgot to set a single goal for the year. Luckily, I still have my 101 goals in 1001 days guiding me.
Every few months I check in on my 101 in 1001 list to see what progress I have or haven’t made, and it refocuses me on what I want. I created the list last summer, so some of my desires have changed, and now I have new goals! As the first half of 2016 comes to a close, I would like to set forth my goals/plans for the rest of the year.
- Go backpacking. I bought packs for me and Xavier for Christmas, and I’m determined to put them to use. My knee joint still feels creaky since the break in February, but… oh well!
- Change my last name. I’m putting it off because that’s what I do. By adding it to this list, I want to hold myself accountable.
- Finish my 2016 Goodread’s Challenge. 20 books is what I read/listened to last year, so even though I’m a little behind, I think I can catch up.
- Attend another musical. The Sound of Music at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts this past month was a wonderful experience. I can’t wait to go back!
- Blog at least once a week. Blogging is a major stress reliever for me.
- Upload to YouTube at least once a week. I’ve been on a filming spree lately, and it’s so tempting to release all of my videos at once! For the rest of the year I want to become more consistent with my filming schedule.
Make a list of 50 things that make me happy.Read my list of 50 things that make me happy! Overall, I’m a very positive person. But, every now and then I get so stressed about something that it takes happiness away from other parts of my life. I don’t want to let financial worries, work or unexpected happenings to derail me.
- Carve/decorate a pumpkin. As my mom told me, I’m too young to let the season’s pass without noticing.
- Write a guest post on someone else’s blog. I’m also considering accepting guest blogs on Modern Martha. If you would be interested in that type of thing, let me know in the comments below!