Urban Decay released a second round of products in collaboration with Gwen Stefani just over a month ago. Everything in the collection is limited edition, so if you see something you like and it’s not already out of stock, you better get on it! It took me awhile to post about these beautiful lipsticks because my broken leg makes it hard to take photos and get back and forth between my photography setup and my computer, but I had to share this stunning colors.
The collection has 8 lipsticks and matching 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils:
- Ex-Girlfriend (sheer nude-rose with pink shimmer)
- 714 (bright red mega matte)
- Firebird (deep fuchsia cream)
- Phone Call (sheer bright pink)
- Rock Steady (deep wine red cream)
- Spiderweb (satin red cream)
- Wonderland (dark pink-red cream)
- Plaid (sheer deep berry)
Urban Decay sent me 6 of the 8 shades to test out.
The lip swatches above do not have the liners applied. The lip liners match perfectly and apply incredibly smooth.
- 714 (bright red mega matte) – 714, the very first “mega matte” from Urban Decay is very dry and tugs slightly on my lips, so the lipliner is necessary to get a clean line around the lips. This shade has a classic, vintage feel. Though I love the color, I was really disappointed in the application.
- Firebird (deep fuchsia cream) – Firebird has an almost undetectable blue micro-shimmer that makes this shade quite unique. It applies slightly pinker than the bullet appears. It’s a fun, bright shade and I look forward to wearing it in the spring and summer.
- Phone Call (sheer bright pink) – Phone Call, being a sheer formula, is very see-through unless you apply to with the liner, in which case it’s quite opaque. I love the sheerness of this shade. Normally I stay away from blue based pinks, but the transparent look and the ultra-glossy finish make this a winner for me.
- Rock Steady (deep wine red cream) – This was by far my favorite shade. A beautiful burgundy wine.
- Spiderweb (satin red cream) – Out of the the four formulas I tried (sheer, mega matte, satin, cream) I really enjoyed satin the most. It applies like a semi-matte but has a touch of shine to it. When you remove Spiderweb it leaves a light stain behind, which I love.
- Wonderland (dark pink-red cream) – Wonderland Applies beautifully and wears great throughout the day. The color isn’t a personal favorite, but it’s a good red lip alternative if you want something off-red.
Most of these shades are sold out, but you might have some luck finding them in-store, plus Phone Call and Plaid and still available at Urban Decay online.