When The Beets sang at the top of their lungs about Killer Tofu, Spicy Basil’s Tofu in Peanut Sauce is the dish they were singing about (disclaimer: that in no way is real trivia). For Vegan MoFo Day 6 “Recreate a restaurant meal,” I recreated this dish at home. I told you I love peanut butter!
The peanut butter sauce is the same ingredient blend as my Spicy Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce, but the recipe is scaled up. I started preparing peanut butter tofu this way when I found a recipe on Triumpth Wellness. It makes a little too much sauce for me, but I’ve tried adjusting the ingredients, and it never turns out quite as tasty.
- Block of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Press tofu for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Cook tofu on each side until golden.
- While tofu is cooking, mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Turn heat to low and pour sauce over cooked tofu. Allow to sit for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Serve over veggies or rice.
About Vegan Month of Food
Vegan Month of Food was created by Post Punk Kitchen as a way to celebrate delicious, vegan food.
- 4 Ways to Up Your Toast Game
- Vegan Tofu Nuggets & Baked French Fries
- Madras Chickpea Curry
- Spicy Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce