I like to be crafty, but I’m not very skilled in the art department– straight lines and symmetry will never be my friends. In high school IB art I steered clear of any drawing or painting that required any degree of realism. Let me tell you, this words on canvas DIY is the perfect craft for the uncrafty.
- Canvas – I recommend buying at Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann when they have 50% off canvas sales. I grabbed these in a 10-pack, and they came to about $2 per square.
- Acrylic paint – Craft Smart acrylic paint at Michaels is $0.69, or $0.59 when you buy 4 or more. I used a metallic gold, red, blue and yellow.
- Letter stickers – I found these on the scrapbooking aisle.
- Paint brushes
- Hairdryer (optional)
- Every Day Is A Good Day
- All You Need Is Love
- Everything Happens For A Reason
- Look On The Bright Side
- Eat Drink & Be Merry
- Life Is Good
- You Are My Sunshine
- Home Sweet Home
- Home Is Where The Heart Is
- Paint the canvas with a solid coat of paint. Let dry completely.
- Apply letter stickers.
- Paint the canvas with a pattern of your choice. To get the chevron/ikat inspired pattern, first paint a zig zag going across the canvas. Move the brush and and down vertically to get the ikat effect. Don’t forget to paint the edges of the canvas. Let dry completely.
- Remove stickers.
Grab a glass of wine and join my for the very first episode on DIWine!