For this project you’d need..
- Candle. I got my fancy pants red candle from the dollar store. Or Walmart.
- Glitter. This 16 oz jar from Walmart seems to contain and infinite amount of glitter. I’ve had it for two years and I’m fairly certain it replenishes itself.
- Mod Podge. Word on the street says you can water down Elmer’s glue for homemade Mod Podge
- Painter’s Tape. No, I haven’t tried this with Scotch tape. Tell me how it goes.
- Brush. Annndd I guess I pictured this with a spoon because I thought I would gracefully pour glitter over my candle. We’ll just say that didn’t happen.
And what you’ll need to do is..
- Tape your candle. If you’re like me, it’ll take you a few tries to make it straight. No tips there.
- Brush the Mod Podge where you want the glitter
- Cover in glitter. Gracefully, of course. Let dry.
- Once it’s dry, cover with a thin coat of Mod Podge to keep glitter from flaking off. Let dry.
- Peel off the tape.