Since Xavier and I got engaged, I don’t wedding plan so much as I wedding daydream. Lover.ly has helped me do just that with all of the inspiration I need, from cakes and themes to color schemes and wedding dresses.
I found this sweetheart dress by Watters and had to come up with a look to go with the dress. I opted for a soft, rosy-hued look that speaks to the romance of the lace bodice. I mentioned that I’m very much into lace dresses but jury is still out on ball gowns, so I think this is the best of both worlds! I might have to rethink my stance on full skirts and strapless dresses.
I love how to fitted bodice hugs the body then flairs out. This is why I chose a rose-hued neutral look- a dress with a little flair needs makeup with a little something extra as well.
When I think of a romantic makeup look, I think of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and its rosy neutrals. It’s one of my favorite items in my collection, and I think it makes for a perfect bridal palette with the combination of matte and shimmery shades.
I’m all about subtle bridal makeup, and when you have a standout princess dress like this, you don’t want dramatic eyes to take all the attention. For that reason, I chose brown eyeliner instead of black. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Liner in bourbon does have some gold shimmer, so you may want to opt for a shimmer-free shade. Brown liner is softer than black, so it will add definition without looking harsh.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (limit, nooner, mugshot)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Liner in bourbon
- Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
- Prime eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Apply limit (matte light pink) eyeshadow all over lid.
- Blend nooner (matte medium rose-pink) through the crease.
- Use a pencil brush to to create an V-shape on the outer third of your eye using mugshot (taupe).
- Blend with a blending brush.
- Apply mugshot to the lower lash line.
- Use a thin eyeliner brush to apply Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Liner in bourbon (brown) to the upper lash line.
- Apply bourbon to the waterline.
- Coat top and bottom lashes with Maybelline The Rocket Mascara.