Every six months or so I like to go through my makeup collection and toss out items that have been gathering dust (and bacteria!) for far too long.
I’m sure many of you, like myself, have fallen victim to one too many beauty box subscription services, value kits, limited edition collections and new arrivals. All of those things I just “had to have” are now that just have have to GO!
This round’s victim list includes but is not limited to:
- MAC Paint Pot “Vintage Selection” – It was an impulse buy, I confess.. Purchased 2011 or so.
- Silk Naturals Chicane Medium Plum Eye Shadow (Beauty Box 5) – I don’t care for loose shadows.
- Philosophy Cream Blush “Look on the Bright Side” – Found this on clearance quite some time ago (2011?), and now it’s discontinued. This could have been a good product, but mine dried out pretty quickly.
- Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint – Also got this on sale (2012), and now it’s discontinued. The shade was so pretty, but it didn’t have great color payoff.
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush #20 – I purchase this last year after hearing rave reviews on YouTube, but it wasn’t for me. I seem to be the odd one out on this one!
- Chella Brow Highlighter Pencil “Ivory Lace” – The formula wasn’t very blendable. It never looked quite right, and I don’t want my makeup getting in the way of my confidence. I believe this came from Birchbox.
- Buxom Full On Lip Cream “Cherry Flip” – The product itself is great, it’s a cream lip plumper, but the shade wasn’t my jam. I’d give the product another go!
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara – The brush is extremely large, and with my small eyes I couldn’t handle it.