Alright folks, this week’s menu features:
- 6 servings One Pot Ground Beef Quinoa (recipe below) with 4 servings Roasted Cauliflower and Bell Peppers
- 3 servings Turkey Kielbasa with Steamed Broccoli and Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- about 6 servings Slow Cooker Beef Stew (not pictured because it’s still in my Crockpot getting ready for the party)
- Lots and lots of salad. A mix of romaine and kale.
- And for snacks we have bananas, apples, baby carrots and pistachios.
This week’s menu was easy-peasy to prep all at once because the ground beef quinoa is made in a single pot and the pot roast is made entirely in the crockpot. The only thing that competed for the same appliance were my roasted veggies. Asparagus only takes about 10 minutes in the oven, so I got that moving first thing to get it out of the way.
The recipe for ground beef quinoa is based on One Pan Mexican Quinoa from Damn Delicious. Since I came across her recipe, I have made it with ground beef, ground turkey, chicken, and beans. It’s good every single time. Plus, Xavier loves it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ can corn
- ½ can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing until everything is stirred in.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.