When I heard about the Velveeta shortage that has come to be called the “Cheesepocalypse,” I was not at all distraught because this is THE ONLY dip you will need. Ever. Pepperoni pizza dip pwns liquid gold. It just does.
I’ve made this two years in a row for Super Bowl Sunday, and it’s a guaranteed hit. You can make it ahead of time, assembling the whole entire dip and storing in the fridge. Twenty minutes before game time pop it in the oven to get the cheese all melty, and you’re good to go.
I highly recommend making two batches. As you can see below, last year the first round vanished before kickoff.
I have been making this dip for several years now and have made tweaks here and there over time. I thought it was time to deliver an updated recipe and a video (why the heck not?) with Super Bowl quickly approaching.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp italian seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cup pizza sauce
- about 2 oz mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cream cheese with seasoning, sour cream, half of the mozzarella, parmesan and half of the pepperoni.
- Spread cheese mixture in bottom of pie plate.
- Pour and spread pizza sauce to cover the cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.