I love this Cool Whip frosting recipe and have turned to it time and time again. I love my Homemade Buttercream Frosting, but sometimes you really want something light! By no means is this “healthy,” but it certainly beats two sticks of butter whipped with powdered sugar! Plus, this frosting is so quick and easy to make, and it’s a hit every single time.
You can go lighter with this by using sugar-free pudding mix and skim milk, or you can make it richer by using whole milk and adding a few tablespoons of powdered sugar. The choice is yours! As is, I plugged everything I used into the My Fitness Pal app, and the frosting comes to 41 calories if you equally divide it among 24 cupcakes.
The even better news? This frosting recipe always yields MORE than enough for two dozen cupcakes. My best guess is that it would frost about 30 fairly easily. I always use what I need, put the remaining back into the Cool Whip tub, freeze it, and then eat it like ice cream!
By no means do you have to use French Vanilla pudding mix. I prefer to use the Cheesecake variety, but they didn’t have it at the store. Just as well! The French Vanilla turned out wonderfully. If you don’t have vanilla extract on hand, you can skip that addition and it will still be yummy, I promise.
- 1 3.4 oz box instant French Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup lowfat or fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz tub Lite Cool Whip, defrosted
- Combine pudding mix, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in Cool Whip until smooth. Make sure it's defrosted first!
- You can let it set up in the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken or you can frost your cake/cupcakes as is!