I previously shared this Macaroni and Cheese recipe as one of my top ten recipes of all time. I bring it to you once more because I wanted to film a cooking video for the Modern Martha YouTube channel, and cooking an all-time favorite seemed like a safe route! While my cooking video attempt certainly isn’t award winning, I don’t think it was a total disaster either, and that in itself is quite the success. I’m slightly embarrassed, but not so embarrassed that I’ll never attempt it again. Maybe one day I will master this art! Let’s hope for both of us that it’s sooner rather than later.
This version of the recipe is halved from what I previously shared. I make the full recipe when I’m cooking for my family of 4 or 5, but when it’s just me and Xavier, the half recipe is plenty!
- 8oz (about 2 cups) macaroni elbows
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cups half and half
- 8 oz sharp cheddar, diced into small cubes
- ¼ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce (I used Sriracha)
- Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan. Let the butter pop for about 30 seconds. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add half and half. Heat on medium until sauce comes to a low boil and thickens slightly, stirring continuously.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add cheese cubes, stirring until melted in.
- Add worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour sauce over cooked macaroni.