Halloween costumes are always an after thought for me. Every single year it creeps up on me, and I have to decide what to be at the very last minute. Luckily, I have a few backup costume ideas up my sleeve that call for items that I already own.
For Barbie you will need a blonde wig (unless you already have long, blonde hair), a pink get up, and some makeup. In my tutorial I use white, brown and pink shadow. Don’t have pink eye shadow? Try baby blue or lilac! You can find an inexpensive blonde costume wig for about $10 at any costume store. This is the image I tried to mimic.
I also used a pair of circle lenses that were sent to me by Pinky Paradise. I have light blue/green eyes, so to make them really pop I chose G&G GBT Blue (Aqua). The diameter is 14mm, which is larger than my normal diameter, creating that doll effect. I have 20/20 vision, so I chose “0” for the left and right eye. This is my first time wearing lenses! I didn’t have too much trouble getting them in. They made one of my eyes water, my eye was like, “What is this foreign object?!” but my eye settled down after about a half hour and gave me no troubles throughout the day.
Use code “kelseyr2” on PinkyParadise.com to redeem a FREE cute animal lens case PLUS mystery gift
By entering this coupon code:
- Receive a FREE cute animal lens case PLUS mystery gift (like my hippo case!)
- The coupon code can be stacked: If you purchase 3 pairs, you will get 3 lens cases plus 3 mystery gifts.
- You must purchase a minimum of 1 pair of circle lenses to activate the code.
- The code has no expiration date 🙂
What I Used:
- Pinky Paradise G&G GBT Blue (Aqua) Circle Lenses
- Alice in Wonderland Costume Wig
- Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup “Buff”
- Sheercover Duo Concealer Light/Medium
- Maybelline Fit Me! Pressed Powder “Porcelain”
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Coastal Scents 88 Palette (white, medium pink, dark brown)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow “Virgin”
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow “Naked”
- Kiss Premium Lashes Style 05 with String Applicator
- L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara
- MAC Blush “Shy Beauty”
- Starlooks Lip Pencil “Tipsy”
- Revlon Lip Butter “Strawberry Shortcake”
Want to learn how to look like Barbie? Watch the video below!