Anyhoo, I got a crockpot in December, and I’ve been absolutely amazed at how it turns chicken into this wonderful moist awesomeness that is so incredibly easy to shred. At this point I’ve made BBQ, Italian and Tex-Mex, so it was about time I attempted my beloved buffalo chicken.
Not only did this turn out perfectly, but it is inexpensive to make and 100% boyfriend approved. It’s incredibly versatile too – grilled buffalo chicken and cheese, buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken sandwiches.. the possibilities!
It made enough for two sandwiches (whole wheat buns, cheese and lettuce), three grilled cheese, and then there was still enough to mix in with some leftover macaroni and cheese we had in the fridge. I also think this would make for a great dip! Top with a bit of cheddar and serve with carrots and celery.
- 4-6 chicken breasts or thighs (I used 6 thighs)
- 1 bottle Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup ranch
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Place chicken in the crock pot and cover with the hot sauce. Set to low for 6 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Pour the sauce into a bowl - you will add some back in later.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and return to the crock pot.
- Stir in ranch and sour cream.
- Add hot sauce back into the mixture a little bit at a time to dial the heat to your taste.
- Serve as a dip, on a sandwich, in a wrap.. and enjoy!