This is a recipe from my grandmother, and we all know grandmas know best! It may sound odd – a Jello pie – but the way it’s prepared the gelatin really makes for a great filling. The recipe doesn’t take very long to throw together at all.
My grandma’s recipe called for lemon Jello, so feel free to mix and match flavors to make your perfect pie.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1.5 oz Strawberry gelatin (small boxes are 3 oz)
- Premade or homemade graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (roughly 1 lb)
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Bring water, sugar and corn starch to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Allow to cool until warm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, line pie crust with strawberries.
- When Jello is warm enough to touch, pour over strawberries.
- Place in fridge and allow to set for at least one hour. Remember, this won't completely firm up like normal Jello.
- Top with whipped topping and enjoy!