Last year I made melting snowmen cookies for my mom’s 3rd graders after I saw them on Somewhat Simple. They were HUGE hit with the kids and just as big a hit with the teachers! This year I made them again but this time for my office cookie exchange. Once again, a hit. These never fail to disappoint. Watch the video below or print out the recipe card.
- Cookies! Homemade or store bought
- White Frosting (not Vanilla - it has a yellow tinge)
- Pam/Cooking spray
- Icing (black and orange, and then whatever color you want for the scarves)
- Ziploc baggies
- Heat frosting in microwaveable bowl at 15 second intervals until frosting is soupy.
- Puddle frosting on to cookies using a spoon, spread with back of spoon if needed.
- Spray microwaveable plate with Pam. Place marshmallow on plate, leaving space between each (room for expansion). Microwave until marshmallow puffs up slightly, but not too much.
- Immediately place marshmallow on frosting. Press down on marshmallow.
- If the frosting you have does not have a fine tip, squeeze in to a Ziploc baggies and cut a very small hole in the corner for a frosting tip.
- Add eyes, a note, buttons, arms and a scarf!
For 2 dozen cookies, I used a tub and of half of white frosting, about one large tube black icing, and partial tubes of large orange and green tubes of frosting.