Even though everyone seems to be saying “Goodbye summer, hello school,” we don’t have to say farewell to our favorite summer foods just yet. Here in Colorado, avocado and corn is still everywhere I turn! Never cooked fresh corn before? No problem! This YouTube video is brilliant. And dicing an avocado is incredibly easy as well.
This pasta salad is pretty straight forward. When I was looking for a recipe, it seemed everyone was making their own vinaigrette concoction, but who has the time? Or ingredients! One of the first questions I ask myself when I look at a recipe is, “Ok.. how many ingredients do I have to buy?” AKA: How much is this going to cost me? Instead of making a fancy-pants dressing, I used good old 99-cents store brand Zesty Italian. Perfection.
- 1 cup spiral pasta (I used mini-spirals)
- 3 ears of corn, cooked & kernels cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cucumber (1 medium cucumber should do), finely diced, skin on
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Mix pasta, corn, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, avocados in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss with lime and italian dressing. Serve cold.