This was pretty easy to make, and so delicious. The bread was moist and the texture was incredibly light and fluffy. Whenever I make banana bread or muffins, it frequently burns on the outside while it’s still uncooked on the inside. What’s a girl to do? Well, apparently the answer is the microwave! This recipe is based on Chocolate Covered Katie’s Banana Bread for One.
I used ramekins because they’re cute, and I rarely use them, but any microwavable dish should do the trick. (I found these at Dollar Tree! Can you believe it?)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ⅓ of a ripe banana
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 tbsp milk of choice (I used coconut)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in your dish.
- Add banana and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mix remaining ingredients in with banana-flour mixture until smooth. Make sure you don't have any unmixed flour hiding in the edges!
- Microwave for about 2 minutes. I can tell mine is done when the bread separates from the sides of the dish. Time will vary depending on size/shape of your dish. My wide-mouth ramekin took 2 minutes, 10 seconds.