What is Beauty Box 5?
Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription beauty box service. For $12 per month you will receive 4-5 sample from makeup to skincare. They have a few different subscription options that allow you to save a little money. If you sign up for the quarterly subscription, you will save $6, and if you sign up for the yearly subscription, you will save $44 (more than three months free). Boxes are shipped mid-month.
BB5 ships to the contiguous United States and Canada. Though the boxes are currently not customized, they encourage subscribers to complete their beauty profile to make it easier in the future to do so. Their Sharing is Caring referral program has no limit. For every five friends you refer, you get one free month. The only catch it that if you unsubscribe, you will lose your referrals.
Their customer service is available from 9am – 5pm CST via email at info@beautybox5 and via phone at 877-791-4584. They reply to all emails and phone messages within 24 – 48 hrs.
Q&A with Joanna Moreno, Marketing Director
Where is Beauty Box 5 located? BB5 is based in the music capital of the world – Austin, TX! Our shipments are fulfilled out of Greenville, TX which is where our parent brand is located.
What makes BB5 different than other beauty subscription boxes? BB5 is focused on introducing our subscribers to brands of all calibers. We don’t think that a $100 product is the best item out there, many of us know that sometimes the beauty secret we are looking for is in a $4 product and that’s exactly what we are trying to help our subscribers find: The best products to fit their lifestyles whether it’s organic, luxury, drugstore, etc.
Think of 3 words that describe BB5: innovative + beauty + sharing
What came in the box?
- Comodynes Easy Peeling (1 towelette) – Eliminate dead cells, deep clean pores and leave your skin feeling soft, smooth, and renewed with these double-duty exfoliating towelettes.
An 8 pack retails for $12.99, so that’s about $1.60 per towelette. Since it only came with one towelette, I haven’t used it because I want to save it for when I really need it.
- The All Natural Face Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow “Orange Ice Storm” - Use these versatile, non-irritating, vegan mineral eyeshadows wet or dry to accent your beautiful eyes.
I think this is a full-size sample, but it’s hard to tell because the package doesn’t say how many ounces or grams are in it. I think this is a good color to give out because it’s neutral and it would work for many different skin coloring. It’s shimmery, but depending on how you apply it (dry, wet, or on top of a paint pot) it will really change the look. They also have a sponge applicator along with it, which is nice because not everyone has makeup brushes. The All Natural Face also included a 20% off coupon!
- Everyday Minerals Blush “Girl Friday” (.06 oz, 1.7g) - These mineral-based blushes add the perfect natural kiss of color for that fresh-faced, feminine summer look.
Girl Friday is a soft plum berry shade with a matte finish. This is also a great color beacause it will work very well on a variety of skin tones. Since I received this, I haven’t worn any other blush. A full size is .17 oz and retails for $10.99. Everyday Minerals also included a 15% off code in the box.
- Blum Naturals Oil Absorbing Facial Tissues (50 sheets, full size) - Keep shiny summer skin at bay (and leave your makeup in tact) with these power-free, oil-absorbing facial tissues.
This is a perfect box item because it’s something most people can use. I’ve used two and three sheets now, and they seem to get the job done. This is a full-size sample and retails for $2.99.
- Blinc Eyeliner (Black, .02 oz, .7g) – Summer just got a little better with this water resistant, no-smudge, easy-to-remove eyeliner that won’t run or flake.
The package says “Cannot fade, smudge, run or flake! Lasts all day. No makeup remover required. Slides off like a second skin!” A full size is .21 oz and retails for $26. This is definitely a premium sample. It has wonderful reviews all over the web!
FTC Disclaimer: This box was sent to me courtesy of Beauty Box 5 to sample and review.