The theme for this month’s Birchbox was “Natural Wonders.” Overall, I am very pleased with this box. Like the March box, there really wasn’t any makeup inside, which is a little disappointing. Regardless, I was happy with all of the items I did receive. The upcoming may box is a special edition Gossip Girl box, so sign up now!
This assortment of Befine packets is a great example of a “Deluxe Sample.” The beauty subscription programs all offer “deluxe samples,” yet some of them consistently send out one-use foil packets. What’s the point of sampling a product if you can’t use it long enough to see the result?
April Birchbox Contents
- Befine Exfoliating Cleanser – I received three .34 fl oz packets of the brown sugar, sweet almond, and oats cleanser. These packets are labeled “Single Serve,” but I think you could get two or three uses out of each packet.
- Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 – I received two .34 fl oz packets of the rosemary, pomegranate, and rice moisturizer. Like the other Befine packets, they are labeled “Single Serve,” but I’m sure you can squeeze more than one use out of each packet.
- Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder – I’ve never used a dry shampoo before. I haven’t opened the packet yet, but it seems to have a lot of product in there. The instructions say to use a dime-size amount, so you can tell there is definitely more than one use in the packet.
- Yes To Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes – This is a small travel-size packet with 8 towelettes, which is the perfect size sample. It will let you see how your skin will react to it, how well you think it removes makeup, and what you think of the scent. The scent was more lemon to me than blueberry. It smells like a freshly-cleaned house, which is fine with me since it’s a light scent. It doesn’t leave behind a residue, and leaves the skin feeling soft. This is winner!
- Zoya TRUE Spring Collection – I received the green shade “Bevin.” This is the third Zoya polish I have received from Birchbox, but the first two I didn’t care for. One was grey, which just wasn’t my color, and the other was a light nude/pink that was very close to something I already owned. Bevin is a creamy green shade (not mint green, but definitely a spring time color), and I don’t own anything like it.
- Wonderstruck Taylor Swift sample – I already own a full-sized bottle of Wonderstruck, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to have more! Wonderstruck has notes of freesia, green tea, apple blossom, raspberry, and dewberry (whatever that is…). It’s stronger than Viva La Juicy or other sweet fragrances, so you only need one squirt.