A long-time friend of mine, Alaina, mentioned her wonderful recipe for churros and asked if she could guest blog. Yes, please! Also, let’s admire her wonderful photos. Photo envy.
Hi All! My name is Alaina. I am a 22-year-old college student, and I am doing a little guest recipe here! I love football and the Super Bowl, and I grew up watching the Chicago Bears play every week. I would like to say I know football better than most guys I know and am proud of it! So why I am I talking about football here on a food blog? The Super Bowl is known for its commercials and its food that people eat while yelling at their TV screens. I know this years game has already come and gone, but this recipe is quick, simple and something you can make year round.
These Churros are a super simple snack for anyone who wants something to make for a party, and all you need are 4 ingredients!
- 1 pkg. of frozen Puff Pastry (with 2 sheets)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ stick of butter or margarine (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ and line your baking pans with parchment paper.
- Take 1 sheet of puff pastry and roll out slightly (adding about 2 inches to the width and height).
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Coat one side with butter and sprinkle with thin layer of cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Fold sheet in half and cut into ¼ inch slices
- Take each slice and apply a thin layer of butter to each side (I did this by dipping it in melted butter and pushing off the extra).
- Dip in cinnamon mixture, twist and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
We made about 30 with two sheets. They were delicious and a major hit at my Super Bowl party.
Hope you enjoy! You can follow me on Twitter if you like, @AlainaBanana!
p.s. The Giants won! The only thing that would have made me happier would have been if it were my Chicago Bears!