When I received a coupon for a Sabra product from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I knew I wanted to blog about something more than my undying love of Sabra hummus. Creamy, smooth… yumm. My favorite varieties are classic and roasted red pepper. I’ve tried homemade hummus before, but it’s nearly impossible to replicate the texture of Sabra.
Now that I’ve professed my love, I will share my creation. I knew I wanted to make a dip. I toyed around with the idea of a cream cheese based dip, but quickly put that thought aside. Other Mediterranean dishes came to mind.. tzatziki, greek salad.. Greek Layer Dip? YES! The flavor combination was perfection.
- 10 oz. container Sabra classic hummus
- 1 Tzatziki recipe (see below) OR 1 cup store-bought tzatziki
- Handful lettuce shreds
- 1 small Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced, and dried with a paper towel
- 2 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- Optional: red onion, green pepper, olives
- Spread hummus in the bottom of a glass dish (the one I used holds about 5 cups, or 1.25 quarts)
- Layer remaining ingredients, in order. Tada! Ready to serve.
- Fold ingredients into yogurt. Enjoy!