Birchbox is a subscription makeup service that allows you to sample a variety of high-end beauty products for $10 a month. For more information, visit Birchbox.com.
After last month’s less-than-stellar “green” box, I was very happy when I opened my box this month to find a ton of goodies I can’t wait to use. The theme this month was “mom”, in honor of mothers day.
- Jouer Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer – At first I was taken aback by the deep berry color, but it turns out “Shiraz” is a perfectly sheer shade. It adds the perfect pop of color on my lips. It claims to plump lips and decrease fine lines, but I’m not sure I buy it. Other than that, is has a wonderful satin feel and a very pleasant smell.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint – I’m afraid a tinted moisturizer in the shade “bronze” is too dark for me. Out of their five shades, bronze is the second darkest, so I plan to use this sparingly on my cheeks like I do with Clinique’s Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator. It has 20 SPF, Vitamin E, Ginseng and Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract and leaves a light shimmer on the skin. Unfortunately, it smells like plastic.
- Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum – This is another fine-line reducing product that I may not need for another five years. I guess prevention never hurt anyone. The serum is light and has a strong yet refreshing citrus. If you’re sensitive to smells, I would avoid this.
- Archipelago Pomegranate Soap – This is a product I definitely would not have purchased on my own because I don’t use bar soap. This is a prime example of why Birchbox is so great! It introduces you to products you love but didn’t know yet. The soap has a very fresh berry scent, but also may be a poor choice if you are sensitive to smells.
- BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir – This is my least favorite product this month. I actually really enjoy the scent, but floral perfumes are not something I want to wear. I prefer light fruity scents. I actually think my grandmother may wear this because the scent reminds me of her.
- Tiny Prints Greeting Card – It may seem strange, but I actually think this is one of my favorite items. The print on the card is adorable, I may not be able to bring myself to write on it! What a bonus that it’s printed on recycled paper.